9 sept 2011

Some words from someone somewhere



We received a card. It reads:

‘Dear T, J, O and J
It was a real privilege for me to meet with you again in [xx] of this year. I was really moved to hear firsthand what you experienced when you went to Samoa two years ago; and my emotions were touched further still when I read and re-read your books […] I had hoped that I would be able to find some words adequate to the trauma of your loss of Clea and your own survival – as yet, I have not found any words despite my months of searching. What I have been able to do is to hold all five of you in my heart and to really try to get a feel for you for how things are for you from the words which you have written. Each time I read them I take in more and I imagine that will continue to be so. […] When [29 September 2011] comes I plan to light a candle for Clea and to remember her as she lives on the time which we spent together in Spain in xx 2007 and through the way you have captured her spirit in photos, and pictures (as well as words).
With much love,
F.’
I believe you have truly found some words, F. You might think the words are nowhere near what they should be, but I can assure you (and anyone else who might care to read these my words) that the courage you have shown reached us. I cried when I read your words. I know you cried when you read mine. I know you listened, and I thank you for that, for being there for me.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Your words count - Tus palabras cuentan - Les teues paraules compten

Posts més visitats/Lo más visto en los últimos 30 días/Most-visited posts in last 30 days

¿Quién escribe? Who writes? Qui escriu?

Mi foto
Ngunnawal land, Australia