26 jul 2011

26 July 2011


For you crying as ever...

It’s always Tuesday.
But today the wattles have burst into gold,


and I can’t bring myself to say the words.
The skies have cleared, the neatest blue won,
there’s even a hint of warmth in the air
but I can’t bring myself to say the words.
Our hearts might keep beating,
but their beat will not hold
this void, the sorrow,
the unending hollow
that your life has become.
Blue wrens are chirping, magpies have announced
spring’s coming, and flowers
will soon be greeting
our Sunday outings on Gungahlin Drive.
Yet I can only bring myself to speak
the silence beshrouding our house.

Posts més visitats/Lo más visto en los últimos 30 días/Most-visited posts in last 30 days

¿Quién escribe? Who writes? Qui escriu?

Mi foto
Ngunnawal land, Australia